Sunday, January 17, 2010

First Birthday

Happy First Birthday to our sweet baby girl!!!

We absolutely cannot believe that an entire year has flown by already. It all went so quickly and she's not a baby anymore. Yet on the other hand, it feels like Madison has always been a part of our family.

It's hard to put into words how I feel about hitting such a huge milestone. I'm proud of the parents Jason and I have been this past year and for making it through with a happy and healthy child and a happy and healthy marriage. I'm thrilled to have met my goal of breastfeeding for a year (we'll continue as long as it's enjoyed by both Madison and myself.) I'm incredibly sad to have to admit to myself that Madison is pretty much a toddler now and that I'll never get those newborn days back that I loved so much. Finally, I'm happy to see the little person Mads is turning into; and while I do miss the baby days, we're having such a blast with our little toddler and 1 is a fantastically fun age.

The Day

After Mads' first nap, we unveiled her birthday present from Jason and I! We got her a play kitchen, shopping cart, wood play food set, and pots/pans/dishes/etc. It was a huge hit!



From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

For lunch we went to Noah's Bagels in Willow Glen. We sat at a table next to these adorable girls who kept talking to Madison and saying how cute she is. It was so sweet and I teared up in the middle of Noah's at the realization that that would be Madison in a few short years. ♥

Here are a couple photos of M eating lunch with her Daddy. Notice her "Baby's First Birthday" onesie?

From 2010 - 01 - January

Goober :)
From 2010 - 01 - January

The Party

The theme was pink and brown ladybugs! Her invitations were made by the talented Char of Fuzz Bucket Design (scan to be added soon) and included the same ladybug used throughout the rest of the party.

The Smash Cake

From 2010 - 01 - January

Big Cake I Decorated. Those are "cupcake toppers" from etsy.com.

From 2010 - 01 - January

Poms and the Banner. I ordered the banner from etsy.com and made the poms with a little instruction from Martha Stewart. Thanks to my Mother-In-Law for helping make with them and to Sarah for helping me hang them!!

From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

Favors: Chocolate Chip Cookies in clear plastic bags with favor tags from the same Etsy seller.

From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

We packed my In-Law's place pretty tight and had a ton of fun celebrating. Maddie seemed to have a really good time playing with her friends, and eating food (and cake!) She seems to like when all attention is on her. Shocker, I know.

There are way too many photos to post here, so if you want to see more, just click on the January album link. Here are just a few of the birthday girl in her fabulous tutu (another etsy.com purchase.)

From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

Birthday Cake!



From 2010 - 01 - January

From 2010 - 01 - January

Opening Gifts

From 2010 - 01 - January

No comments: