The Doctor
On the 17th, Madison, her Daddy, and I went to her pediatrician's office for her 2 month visit.
| From Madison Kate |
| From Madison Kate |
She weighed in at 14 lbs. and 25 inches!! She's completely "off the chart" (over the 100th percentile) for both. She's our big, beautiful, healthy girl. Her general exam went well and the Doctor said she's doing great.
Just for kicks I went online to find out a little more about where she is "on the chart." She's the size of an average 4 month old at two months. No wonder I'm about to move her from 3 month clothes to 6 month and we just bought size 2-3 diapers!!
Then came the shot. *UGH* We only did the Rotavirus and a 3-in-1 that included DTaP, Polio and HIB since we're delaying her vaccinations. The Rotavirus was oral and she even hated that. Once she swallowed it, the nurse gave her the shot (her first one ever) and she started bawling!! It was terrible. I couldn't help but cry a little with her. I immediately breastfed her, though it took a little time for her to latch since she was crying so hard. She unlatched to cry again once, but after that she was okay. Luckily, she didn't have ANY reaction to the immunizations.
Photos - 2 Months - And Happy St. Patrick's Day
| From Madison Kate |
| From Madison Kate |
| From Madison Kate |
| From Madison Kate |
A little about Madison at 2 months:
- She smiles constantly. I love the way her whole face lights up and how her eyes get all squinty because her chubby cheeks get pushed under them.
- She just moved from size 2 Pampers Swaddlers to size 2-3.
- I'm starting to pack up her 3 month clothing because she's now in the 6 month size.
- She tracks objects really well. Left/Right. Up/Down. She appears to see things at a far distance now.
- She has almost full head control. She does tummy time on My Brestfriend and will hold her head all the way up for 15+ minutes.
- She can sit up with the help of a Bumbo, though she usually leans to the right a little. (Why always the right side??)
- She is really into play time, loves her toys, and will get bored if there's not enough going on when she's awake.
- She can support her weight and stand for short periods of time.
4 comments:
Such a cutie! Can't believe it's been 2 months. Shots are sad :( I'm sure she was glad to have her mama there to comfort her.
She's growing so fast! She looks just like you Renee!!!!!
HOW can she be 2 months already???!?! Unbelievable!
Wow, she's already in the 6-month size?!? She is growing fast! :)
Post a Comment