Saturday, March 07, 2009

Baby's First Cold :(

Maddie woke up at about 3:00AM (slightly early for her nightly wake-up) and she was Snot City!! You could hear it rattling around in there and she was coughing. The poor thing! She barely ate at all and seemed generally miserable.

Keeping her elevated seemed to be helpful, so we amped up the humidifier, put her in her car seat, put the car seat in bed (yes, seriously. lol.), swaddled her in one of those cool "swaddle me"s that has the hole for the car seat strap, and we all went back to sleep. Well, kinda. I slept extremely light and woke at her every tiny noise she made out of worry. She actually slept pretty well and woke up at around 7:30AM.



Today she's been eating a lot less than usual, sneezing, coughing, and sleeping A LOT. I just feel so bad and wish I could make her feel better. She's actually been in amazingly good spirits... Hardly fussing at all.

We took quite a few naps together today. Here we are shortly before I fell asleep, too.



We're hoping for a better day tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh noes! Poor Mads... feel better soon!

Evonne and Darren said...

Awww... hope Maddie is feeling better now. Poor baby! :(

Anonymous said...

Awe! Hope she feels better soon!!!!

Sarah said...

Aww poor baby! I hope she is feeling better!!!

Melissa said...

Poor girl, I hope she gets better soon!

Mom and Wife said...

Now that my friend is creative mothering!! Well done