Well, between being recently furloughed from my job and now this, I guess I'll have plenty of time to catch up on this blog!
I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions since about 17 weeks. They have started getting more and more frequent. 2 contractions an hour was my lowest normal rate and they've been ramping up to over 8 an hour recently. My doctor wants them under 6. If they go over that after I've hydrated and been laying down, I'm supposed to go into labor & delivery at the hospital. I have been barely able to keep them at that rate while on bed rest sometimes, so we've had a couple close calls. When I'm active/up, they generally start getting closer together. Because of that, I'm mostly stuck on the couch. :(
I've gone through a roller coaster of emotions about the whole thing, but the reality is that I'm 33 weeks along and don't have much longer to go until The Boy is full-term and I can welcome the contractions. I'm obviously most worried about Maddie and how having a Mom glued to the couch effects her. Luckily, my friends and family have already been amazing at helping out and entertaining the kiddo and the hubs is picking up all of my household slack while keeping us all fed and taken care of.
Here's hoping The Boy stays put for a few more weeks and that I get some breaks from the contractions to be out of bed and off the couch!
No comments:
Post a Comment