Friday, February 13, 2009

4 Weeks

Madison is four weeks old today!! I CANNOT believe how fast time is going. I kept waiting to update this blog until I had time to update on everything I wanted to. Obviously that's not going to happen and the longer I wait, the more backed up I'm getting!

So here's a quick update. Our daughter is amazing! Perfect! We're so insanely in love with her. She's a shockingly easy baby. She rarely fusses and loves to snuggle. She's been sleeping at night for 5/6/7 hours at a time!!

Lately she has started finding her voice. When she's awake and happy she has started making little vocal noises that aren't fusses. Some of her daily activities include playing on her playmat, tummy time, hanging in the bouncy chair while I shower, watching TV during her diaper changes (she LOVES watching the movement), being carried around/worn by us for most of the day, and getting unlimited hugs/kisses/snuggles from us and family/friends.

Today is J's last work day off. :( He's back to work on Monday. I'm not worried about handling things while he's gone - did I mention how easy and wonderful Madison is?! - but we're just going to miss him!! Baby M is already such a Daddy's girl and I love watching them hang out during the day. This time with the 3 of us together has been so great and I've really cherished it. I've never felt as close to my husband as I do now. Before Maddie, I couldn't have imagined loving him anymore than I already did, but I do! I love him more!

I'll update more later and I'm almost done with my birth story.

Oh and this is why I had a minute to update right now. Baby M and J are busy:

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Renee, that is one of the sweetest pictures I've ever seen. I can't believe she's 4 weeks old already. Where does the time go?

Meg said...

It's so hard to believe our little ones are almost a month old! It feels like I just had G! (And I'm super jealous of your sleeping.) :)