Thursday, May 14, 2009

Introducing the Bottle

We tried today to have DH feed Mads her last feeding before bed. We had used my breast milk in a Born Free bottle. She completely refused it. There were a few things working against us. 1.) She was probably TOO hungry to try this new thing. 2.) I tasted the milk which had been in the freezer for about 3 months and it tasted significantly different from my fresh milk (TMI? Am I the only one that tastes it? lol.)

So we're going to try again in the morning with milk I pumped this evening and has just been in the fridge. Here's hoping! I'm aiming for a night out on my own next week to celebrate a couple of friends' graduations!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My frozen milk is the same. It smells funny too. Apparently the lipase content in BM from person to person varies and that is what contributed to this change. G doesn't mind the changes, but some babies do. You can solve for that by scaliding your milk before you freeze it if the flavor really bothers her.