Friday, May 01, 2009

Monterey Bay Aquarium

Jase and I absolutely adore the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We are so lucky to live so near a world-class aquarium and are completely fascinated by creatures of the sea (did I mention we're both scuba divers and I used to want to be a marine biologist?)

So, naturally, we were thrilled to take Mads to MBAQ for the first time! J had the day off of work on Wednesday and we headed down after my mom's group was finished.

Maddie was asleep when we first arrived, but as soon as she woke up she was really into it!! She looked excitedly from exhibit to exhibit and tracked the fish/animals as they moved. I think she'll be a fishy girl like her mama!

Here are a few photos from the day:

A photo-op in the new seahorse exhibit. I highly recommend checking it out! I <3 seahorses and they did a great job.

From Madison Kate


Can you see the seahorse?

From Madison Kate


Maddie sees her first shark!

From Madison Kate


The great thing about going on a Wednesday is that there was hardly anyone there. We were able to let her lay down in the lower level of the Outer Bay exhibit to watch. What do you think? She's pretty into it, right?



Daddy is showing her the ways of the fishy world.

From Madison Kate


We had to stop to look for sea otters. (There weren't any in the kelp beds that day.)

From Madison Kate


From Madison Kate


From Madison Kate


From Madison Kate

2 comments:

Jess said...

So much fun!! I love the pictures.

ab said...

Oh so much fun! I agree wholeheartedly about MBAQ - better than Disneyland in my book!
You have such a beautiful family!