Monday, September 12, 2011

35/35 :: 35 Weeks Down & 35 Days Left

I'm admittedly very skeptical that it'll be 35 (or more) days until he's here, but J and I are trying to prepare ourselves for the wait. We've spent so much time preparing for his possible early delivery, that now we're working on preparing ourselves for the fact that he may arrive on his due date or later!

Speaking of preparing... I'm not kidding.
- The hospital bags are packed.
- All of the gear is set-up with fresh batteries, clothes are washed, sorted and organized onto shelves.
- His "closet" in our room is neat and tidy and filled with all of the essentials.
- The crib is sidecar-ed to our bed with the sound machine and nightlight perched nearby.
- The glider has been moved to the living room.
- His car seat is installed next to Madison's.
- And much much more. I definitely feel prepared for his arrival.

Here are a couple belly pictures at 35 weeks.

From 2011 - 09 - September

From 2011 - 09 - September

And just for fun, here's a comparison photo of me at 35 weeks with both kiddos!

From 2011 - 09 - September

I think my tummy is about the same size? Possibly smaller? I feel much more uncomfortable this time around, but I don't feel bigger than the first time. I'm hoping I don't have another 10 and a half pounder baking in there, but we'll see. :) My OB is going to do a size estimate at my 37 week appointment and possibly discuss induction.

Contraction-wise, I've been doing okay! More good days than bad and the OB says I still haven't progressed at all (YAY!) The cx have been waking me up at night and make napping almost impossible, so I'm definitely tired and a bit bored, but good other than that! It could definitely be much worse.

I'll be able to be a little less cautious next week and will be full off restriction in 2 weeks. Bring it on!

No comments: