Monday, September 26, 2011

37 Weeks

Full term! The little guy made it to full term!

At my appointment last Wednesday, the OB said I was starting to progress a little and that he has dropped. Madison didn't drop until right before she was born (literally), so this is definitely a different sensation. The contractions are still present and often crampy/painful. I tend to just ignore them, though, since that has been my normal.

As I mentioned in my 35 week post, everything is ready for him to arrive, but I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready, yet. This is likely my very last time being pregnant and I don't feel like I've had enough time to soak it all in. I'm going to try to be "in the moment" for however long I have left and savor the pregnancy, as physically challenging as it can be at times. :)

I have an appointment on Wednesday afternoon where my OB will also estimate his size. This will determine if I will be induced at 39 weeks or not. I'll update with those results and some belly pics soon! (FWIW: I think he's much smaller that Mads was at this point. We'll see!)

No comments: