Tuesday, July 01, 2008

12 Weeks

I'm obviously behind on posting about the pregnancy (when am I not behind on this blog?) so I'm doing some catch up today.

I'm 12 weeks today!



Luckily, there isn't too much to report. I'm almost out of my first trimester and have escaped relatively unscathed. My persistent symptoms have been nausea and fatigue, but they haven't been terrible. Due to the nausea, though, I am back down to my weight pre-pregnancy, so I was advised by my doctor to try to eat more often to get some extra calories. It's so strange to go from dieting before the pregnancy (when all I wanted to do was EAT) to being able to eat extra (when the last thing I want to see is food.)

I did have a bit of an "incident" at the end of my recent trip to Cozumel, Mexico (more on that trip in a separate post) when I had... shall we say... some intestinal issues that required an emergency trip to the OB (Dr. M.) She listened to Sprout with a doppler and all seemed well. We were obviously very relieved.

Jason. He's been so amazing. He wants to do anything he can to help and let me be a total slug around the house when I was at my most tired. I swear he was like my willing (free!) butler. I'm not sure he realizes just how much I appreciate that. I really feel like we're in this pregnancy together. Even though I'm the one carrying our child, I know that ANYTHING he can do to make it easier for me, he'll do. He also hasn't missed a doctor's appointment yet. He usually comes with his own short list of questions and is generally really involved. He's just amazing and will be such a wonderful father!

And now for some baby bumps. These were all take in Mexico at approx 10 Weeks.





No comments: