Thursday, December 18, 2008

Amber Update

She's finally getting better!!!

Things were pretty rough for a while. She was going to the vet daily (HOLY VET BILLS, BATMAN!!!!!) to try to diagnose her and to receive medication and fluids. She wasn't drinking anything and was having a tough time eating. One of the days they almost kept her for the day on an IV. That's what the plan was when I was driving her over and I just broke down in tears at the thought of leaving her alone in a scary place while she's sick.

But now she has finally stopped vomiting, she's eating better, she's drinking, we're getting her meds down her easier, she's acting more like herself, and things are starting to work themselves out on the "other end." Jase and I are SO HAPPY!!! I swear we were about to have a party to celebrate. There were times where we weren't really sure what was going to happen to her. :( I love my little girl so much and am over the moon that she's going to be okay!!!

Last night was our 5th night of sleeping in shifts and hopefully our last. I'm just hoping we don't have any set-backs. One thing we still need to do, though, is go back in on Monday to re-test her for the muscle enzyme level to make sure it's decreasing. That result is still un-explained and worrisome, but I'm trying not to think about it too much.

Thanks for everyone's "Get Well" wishes! I really appreciated it.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

What a relief! I hope she continues to improve.

emeraldwednesday said...

Yay, I'm so glad she's doing better!