Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Poor Kitty

Our little girl kitty, Amber, is really sick. :( It started with just a head cold kind of thing with tons of sneezing... But now she hasn't been able to keep any food down and has been getting sick to her stomach even w/o food.

So DH and I have been sleeping in shifts to keep an eye on her the last two nights. When she vomits she tends to pass out (terrifying!) and handle it really badly so we're too worried not to keep an eye on her.

We took her to the vet yesterday morning. They did xrays to make sure there weren't any masses or blockages. Nothing bad showed on the xrays, so they gave her fluids, antibiotics, anti-nausea meds, and ran blood work.

She was still pretty miserable all yesterday and got sick again despite the anti-nausea meds. :( I am taking her in at 10:20 today to get the results of her blood work and to make sure she isn't dehydrated.

We've been watching her every move and I'm pretty darn exhausted, but I just want to make sure she's alright. I've never seen a kitty go through something like this. :(

I'm hoping the blood work looks good and that she keeps getting better. Thank goodness I'm working from home today.

And just for kicks: a pic of our little monkey.

2 comments:

Stefanie K. said...

Awww, I so hope she starts to feel better soon. It's awful when your cats (and kids, I would imagine) are sick because they can't tell you just what the problem is and you can't explain to them how much you love them and want them to feel better. :( Poor kitty :(

Anonymous said...

Awe hope she gets better soon!!!